Wednesday 12 December 2012

My Eldest Sews

DSC_0118

After the initial success of the midget's foray into cushion making and selling, the eldest decided he wanted to make bags to sell.

The first one he made I snapped up, not out of charity, but because I actually dig it. It's small and funky, and appeals to the punk in me. Large enough to handle all the basics of keys, wallet, phone etc, and slings over the shoulder easily. A no fuss funky bag.

DSC_0115

DSC_0117

DSC_0121

DSC_0123

DSC_0127

DSC_0128

Since then he's received one commission and would like you all to know he can make bags in ANY COLOUR and any size, and his mama sells them in her shop. He had thought these would make excellent nature bags for when you go on adventures - you can take books and notepads and magnifying glasses, and also have enough room to bring some treasures home. But since he's seen me with mine, I think he's realised bags are for everyone.

Oh my children. This first flutter of being out there in the world all by themselves has made me realise how much letting go I've got to do in these following years. And in so much as I'd like to protect them from everything, and insomuch as they make me proud, I can't help but marvel at how painful this growing process is. Not for them, but me.

Having children, well, it's like having your heart living outside of your own body, isn't it?


6 comments:

  1. Oh I love it and I just know my little boy will do too. Have placed an order, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. '..having your heart live outside your body..' what a beautiful way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsh'Allah, insha'Allah my son will be the same in a few years too. I wanted to ask - will you be making any other Harris Tweed bags in a different colour? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at this red hot minute, but I can look out for different colours next time I order iA. Why, what you after?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.